Scott City R-1 high school students meeting the following requirements may be eligible for financial reimbursement (providing Scott City high school maintains A+ status and funds are available from the Missouri General Assembly):
To be eligible, each student must enter into a written agreement with the school and:
- Have attended a designated A+ School for three (3) consecutive years prior to graduation.
- Graduated with a 2.5 grade point average or higher on a four (4) point scale (non weighted) or a 6.875 GPA on an 11 point scale (non-weighted).
- Have at least a ninety-five percent (95%) attendance record for the four (4) year period. (An average of 8 & ¾ days a year of missed school attendance.)
- Perform fifty (50) hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for other students. This may include in-school tutoring and summer school. Tutoring must be school sponsored.
- Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of unlawful use of alcohol/drugs.
- Make a good faith effort to first secure all available post-secondary financial assistance funds that do not require repayment.
- Register for Selective Service if applicable.
- Beginning with the senior class of 2015, students must meet one of the following:
(A) Have achieved a score of advanced or proficient on either the Algebra I (or higher) end-of-course exam; or
(B) Have achieved a qualifying score, as established annually by the CBHE, on the COMPASS or the math component of the ACT test. (The cut score has not yet been determined. The Missouri Department of Higher Education expects to have this set by summer 2013.)
After graduation and successful completion of the Scott City R-I A+ Schools Program, the student will have a four-year window in which to draw on his/her tuition eligibility. It should be noted, a student is not required to draw on his/her eligibility after graduation. However, it must be used within the four-year window.
To access the A+ financial incentive, during the four (4) year period of grant availability, each participating student must:
- Enroll and attend a Missouri public community college, vocational or designated technical school on a full time basis; and
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a four (4)-point scale.
The financial incentive may only be made available to reimburse the unpaid balance of the cost of tuition and general fee after the federal post-secondary student financial assistance funds have been applied to these costs.