The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on September 14, 2011. The Board conducted the following business.
- The Board reviewed the District's Annual Performance Report (APR) published by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Scott City Schools met all 14 of the possible 14 standards established for grading schools. The District has achieved the level of "Distinction in Performance" having met the standards including all six of the MAP/EOC standards.
- Principals Courtney Kern, Michael Umfleet, and Mike Johnson each informed the Board of the MAP/EOC incentives that are planned for students who score at the proficient or advanced levels during the spring testing.
- Goals for each building and for the District were presented to the Board.
- After reviewing the changes in revenues and expenditures, the quarterly revision of the 2011-12 budget was adopted. The budget contains revenue expectations in the amount of $7,778,768 and expenditures of $7,724,953. The state formula money is not being fully funded and is pro-rated at 92%. This is the third year in a row that the state has not fully funded the formula.
- The 2011-12 Budget Document was approved as presented by Superintendent Diann Ulmer. The document contains the statutory requirements of a budget message, estimated revenues for this year and at least two years next preceding, proposed expenditures and at least two years next preceding, and a general budget summary.
- The Board voted to maintain membership in the Missouri United Insurance Council for its property and liability insurance needs.
In Closed Session, the Board of Education conducted the following business.
- Hired Steven Hendricks for part-time social studies teacher.