The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on December 14, 2011. The Board conducted the following business.
- The board approved the Professional Development Plan Goals as presented by PDC Chair Vicki Helderman.
- After reviewing the updates recommended by the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan committee, the board approved the CSIP plan. The CSIP committee is comprised of students, parents, teachers, administrators, and board members. The CSIP plan is updated annually and focuses on the following five goals.
1. Develop and enhance quality educational/instructional programs to improve performance and enable students to meet their personal, academic, and career goals.
2. Recruit, attract, develop, and retain highly qualified staff to carry out the District mission, goals, and objectives.
3. Provide and maintain appropriate instructional resources, support services, and functional and safe facilities.
4. Promote, facilitate, and enhance parent, student, and community involvement in District educational programs.
5. Govern the District in an efficient and effective manner providing leadership and representation to benefit students, staff, and patrons of the District.
- The semi-annual updates to the MSIP accountability plans were reviewed by the board. The accountability plans focus on mathematics, communication arts, career education, attendance, and advanced course offerings. The Board approved the updates as presented.
- High School Principal Mike Johnson informed the board of students who had been approved for part-time attendance for next semester.
- The Board approved the quarterly revision of the 2011-12 budget that reflects estimated expenditures of $7,731,294 by the end of the school year.
In Closed Session, the Board of Education took no action.