The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on January 18, 2012. The Board conducted the following business.
- The board reviewed the attendance rates for the first semester. The K-12 attendance rate was 95.95%, elementary was 96.14%, middle school was 96.01%, and high school was 95.68%. The board also reviewed information about the district enrollment numbers over the past six years.
- Superintendent Diann Ulmer read a proclamation from Governor Jay Nixon announcing School Board Recognition Week for January 22-28. Each member of the board was given a certificate recognizing participation.
- Information about the 2012-13 school calendar was discussed. As in the past, the calendar committee is meeting to create a calendar that will have a start date more than ten days prior to the first Monday in September. The board reviewed a proposal that changes the number of student attendance days, and the consensus of the board indicated the committee should develop a calendar based upon that number. The calendar is to be presented at the February board meeting.
- The Board certified the ballot for the April 3 election to fill two three year terms. Those individuals who filed for the Board of Education seats include Gary Miller, Beth McDonough Cox, Roger R. Buckner, and Chris Clayton.
- The Board approved a policy governing employee-student communication including electronic media.
In Closed Session, the Board of Education took the following action.
- Voted to extend a three year contract to Superintendent Diann Ulmer through the 2014-15 school year.