The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on March 21, 2012. The Board conducted the following business.
- The Board voted to adopt a resolution to participate in the Scott County Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan. The plan was developed through the Bootheel Regional Planning and Economic Development Commission by Scott County officials, and it outlines preventative measures and procedures involved with drought, earthquakes, flooding, heat waves, severe winter weather, thunderstorms, and tornadoes. By adopting the resolution, the District will be able to continue the process involved with the FEMA Tornado Safe Room grant application.
- After reviewing the new rates for employee health insurance, the Board voted to provide $423 per month for health insurance coverage for each employee. The employee may either buy up to a PPO plan or buy down to an HSA plan. Overall, the average rate increase for the plans was 5.6%.
- The Board approved the quarterly revision of the 2012-13 budget.
In Closed Session, the Board of Education took the following action.
- Employed the following probationary teachers for the 2012-13 school year-- Lindsay Aycock, Laura Enderle, Tiffanie Grassi, Shelly Meier, Jodi Palisch, Katie Sparks, Wes Armbruster, Christopher Bradshaw, Mark Dannenmueller, Steven Hendricks, Ricky Keller, Keisha Panagos, Jana Porch, Nancy Townsend, Amy Coffey, Layna Kirchner, Mitchell Madry, Jim May, Amy Pobst, Cynthia Tew, and Seth Ward.
- Employed the following teachers for the 2012-13 school year thus giving them a tenure contract-- Mary Lynn Jones, Laura Pletcher, Lori Rubel, Jamie Sander, Heidi Schiwitz, and Amy Pobst.
- Due to declining enrollment numbers and the elimination of positions, the board did not re-employ the following teachers for the 2012-13 school year--Rita Keele, Jordan Wake, and Roy Hartle.
- Approved individuals for extra duty assignments for this school year and accepted the resignation of Erin Hoffman effective at the end of the school year.