The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on May 16, 2012. The Board conducted the following business.
- The Board reviewed bids for the asphalt overlay and restriping for the track facility. The members voted to accept the bid from ASA Asphalt, Inc. for $46,000.
- The Board reviewed bids for the asphalt overlay and restriping of the bus parking lot. The members voted to accept the bid from ASA Asphalt, Inc. for $17,184.20.
- The Board approved the Class of 2012 list of students as candidates for graduation.
- The Board voted to add Spanish III to the high school courses approved for weighted classes.
- Mr. Mike Johnson, high school principal, presented a list of students who had been approved for part-time attendance for 2012-13.
- After reviewing proposals for the purchase of football field lighting systems, the Board voted to approve the purchase of poles and lights from Simply Bright Ideas for $37,700. The District is participating in a cooperative purchase with the Kelly R-IV School District to achieve a discounted price for the lighting system.
In Closed Session, the Board of Education took the following action.
- Voted to employ Cecelia Harris as Speech and Language Pathologist for the 2012-13 school year.
- Voted to employ staff for summer school.
- Voted to employ staff for extra duty assignments.
- Were informed of the support staff that will be returning for the next school year.