The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on June 13, 2012. The Board conducted the following business.
- The Board reviewed the responses to qualifications for architectural/engineering services from Dille & Traxel, LLC, Grojean Architects, and Mitchell Malone, Architect for the FEMA Tornado Safe Room. The Board voted to use the services of Dille & Traxel, LLC, from Poplar Bluff, for the project.
- The Board reviewed the responses to qualifications for project manager services for the FEMA Safe Room. Toth & Associates from Springfield, Mo. submitted a response, and the Board voted to use their services.
- The Board approved revisions to the elementary, middle school and high school handbook. The elementary handbook revision included a cell phone policy and a policy regarding the use of personal e-readers. The middle school handbook revision raised the number of credits required for student promotion purposes. The high school handbook revision clarified who may vote for homecoming queen.
- The Board approved the final 2011-12 budget as presented.
- The Board increased the tuition rate for 2012-13 by $150, to a total of $5800 per year.
- The Board approved the 2012-13 certified salary schedule with a base of $28,900, an increase of $300 over last year. The average increase in salaries is approximately 2.6%.
- The Board approved the 2012-13 support staff salary schedule as presented with the approximate average increase as in the certified salary schedule.
- The Board approved the 2012-13 Budget with an estimated $7,835,649 in revenues and $7,760,141 in expenses.
In Closed Session, the Board of Education took the following action.
- Accepted the resignation of Jessica Simmons.
- Approved a list of individuals for extra duty assignments.