The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on July 11, 2012. The Board conducted the following business.
- Superintendent Diann Ulmer informed the Board that the overlay of asphalt for the track and bus parking lot was complete. Striping of the areas will begin soon. The Board discussed the proposal for resealing and striping the other existing asphalt on the district lots. It was the consensus of the Board to proceed with the project.
- Superintendent Ulmer presented information to the board about the Missouri Elementary and Secondary Education Act Waiver from No Child Left Behind that was recently approved by the United States Education Department. The waiver allows Missouri to use one aligned system of accountability for school districts and will take effect immediately with the 2012-13 school year. Since 2002, Missouri schools and districts have been held accountable to both the MSIP standards and the standards of NCLB, which has created much confusion for schools and the public. The waiver frees the state of the requirement to identify schools in school improvement, corrective action, or restructuring. Title I schools will be identified as reward, priority or focus schools.
- The Board approved the Annual Secretary of the Board Report for FY 12. Fund balances increased in all funds and showed an unrestricted ending fund balance of 18.94%.
- The Board set the gate prices for 2012-13 as the same as last year.
- The Board voted to set the breakfast and lunch prices for 2012-13 as follows:
Grades K-4 Grades 5-12 Adult Reduced
Breakfast $1.00 $1.00 $1.15 $.30
Lunch $1.60 $1.70 $1.95 $.40
In Closed Session, the Board of Education took the following action.
- Accepted the resignation of James Arnold who plans to retire at the end of the 2012-13 school year.