The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on August 15, 2012. The Board conducted the following business.
- After reviewing the drawings for the FEMA Tornado Safe Room, the Board approved the plans for submittal to the Missouri State Emergency Management Agency. The District has been approved for a $1.5 grant to build a tornado safe room. The room is designed to withstand winds up to 250 mph and will be used by the district as a visual and performing arts center.
- The Board re-adopted the policy governing Conflict of Interest and Financial Disclosure in compliance with the Missouri Ethics Commission.
- The Board approved the participation in the Missouri Educator Evaluation System Pilot Project.
- The principals reviewed the results of the spring MAP/EOC testing. In addition the Annual Performance Report was discussed highlighting the accreditation of the District. It was announced that the most recent graduation rate was 97.2% with a five year average rate of 93%.
- Mike Umfleet, transportation director, reported on the status of the transportation department. He announced that the buses had again received the Fleet of Excellence award from the Missouri Highway Patrol. The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary has also issued the Exemplary School Bus Maintenance Award to the fleet.
- The Board approved the 2012-13 Bus Routes as presented.
- The Board voted to set the tax rate at $3.2705 for the incidental fund and $.49 for the debt service fund.
- The Board was given a list of updated policies and regulations for their review and approval at the next board meeting.
In Closed Session, the Board of Education took the following action.
- Accepted the resignation of social studies teacher Wes Armbruster.
- Voted to hire Whitney Tankersley as middle school social studies teacher.