The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on February 20, 2013. The Board conducted the following business.
- Four seniors, who will be among the first to graduate from the A+ Scholarship program, spoke to the Board about their experiences while in the program. Levi, Travis, Elaina, and Alexis spoke to the Board about how being involved with the program through activities such as tutoring has helped prepare them for college as well as aided them in career paths. Keish Panagos and Donna Conaway, who coordinate the A+ program, reported to the Board that approximately 35 students will be graduating having completed the requirements for the A+ scholarship that include a high GPA, excellent attendance, and accumulation of hours tutoring or mentoring other students.
- The Board voted to extend the food service contract with OPAA! Food Management.
- The Board approved the 2013-14 School Calendar as recommended by the calendar committee. The calendar includes a start date of August 14 and end date of May 20.
In Closed Session, the following action was taken:
- Voted to employ Angela Welker as band director for the 2013-14 school year.
- Hired Stephen Hemby as assistant football coach for the next school year.
- Voted to extend the two year contract of Principal Mike Johnson through the 2014-15 school year.
- Voted to extend the two year contract of Principal Mike Umfleet through the 2014-15 school year.
- Voted to extend the two year contract of Principal Courtney Kern through the 2014-15 school year.
- Voted to re-employ Marcia Daniels as Special Services Director and Kerry Thompson as Assistant Principal/Athletic Director for the 2013-14 school year