The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on March 17, 2014. Board members Scott Amick, Beth Cox, Sally Porch, Gary Miller, Lisa Schaefer, and Gary Elders were present.
The Board conducted the following business.
- The Board of Education recognized several middle school students who had recently won awards at the Southeast Missouri Regional Science Fair. Middle school science teacher Sarah Bradshaw told the Board that 8 out of 13 student projects placed in their categories along with 4 specialized awards. Makayla won "Top Overall 8th Grade Student" with her project and will attend the 65th annual International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angeles, California. Those students recognized at the meeting were Makayla, Skylar, Brandon, Isaac, Katherine, Camryn, Gracie, Lexi, and Race.
- The Board approved an extension on the contract for food services with OPAA! for the next school year. The approval is the second of four extensions allowed before the service must be bid again.
- After reviewing the success of hosting Three Rivers College evening courses in the high school facility, the Board voted to continue the arrangement with the college through 2014-15.
- The Board reviewed the new rates for employee health insurance with the MEUHP Insurance Consortium. The rates for 2014-15 showed an increase of 6.5%. The Board voted to approve the rates and to continue membership in the consortium. The rates are as follows: HSA39 5000-- $363.24; HSA11 5000--$399.17; HSA10 3000 Emb -- $415.23.
- The Board approved the 2013-14 quarterly revision of the budget.
- The Board approved a revised version of the current school year calendar which included the following make-up days for the rest of the year--March 20, March 24, April 21, May 21-23, and May 27-28. May 28 will be the last day of school. For a current version of the school calendar, patrons may view the calendar on the school website at http://scschools.k12.mo.us/district/calendars/yearly-calendar.
- The Board approved the 2014 Summer School Calendar. Summer School will begin on June 2 and run through June 26. Students will be in attendance Monday-Thursday each week, with no school on Fridays. Classes will begin at 7:40 am and end at 4:10 pm. For a current version of the summer school calendar, patrons may view the calendar on the school website at http://scschools.k12.mo.us/district/calendars/yearly-calendar.
In Closed Session, the following business was conducted.
- Hired Corey Rogers for middle school assistant track coach.
- Reemployed Marcia Daniels as Director of Special Services and Kerry Thompson as Assistant Principal/Athletic Director for the 2014-15 school year.
- Renewed the contracts of the following probationary teachers for the 2014-15 school year: Lindsay Aycock, Laura Enderle, Tiffanie Grassi, Danielle Healy, Katie Hendricks, Mark Dannenmueller, Jana Porch, Whitney Tankersley, Angela Welker, Nick Grassi, Steven Hendricks.
- Renewed the contracts of the following teachers, thus granting them tenure status: Jodi Palisch, Keisha Panagos, Amy Coffey, Mitchell Madrey.