The Scott City R-I Board of Education met in regular session on November 19, 2014. Board members Beth Cox, Scott Amick, Heraleen Bowers, Gary Miller, Lisa Schaefer, Gary Elders, and Brad Uelsmann were present.
The Board conducted the following business.
- FCCLA sponsor Jane Poole, along with students Makayla, Madison, and Kaylea presented to the Board information about their recent trip to New York for the FCCLA national cluster meeting. The group attended the meeting for enhancing leadership skills and while there, toured many of the sites in New York City including such places as the Statue of Liberty and Ground Zero.
- Middle school Language Arts teacher Sarah Pruden demonstrated the Reading Plus program to the members of the Board. The on-line computer program utilized by the students helps improve reading skills on an individual basis. The program was piloted last year with positive results and has been expanded to students in grades 3-8.
- Developed by faculty and presented by curriculum director Keisha Panagos, the Board adopted the English Language Arts curriculum that was aligned to the Missouri Learning Standards.
- The Board approved the November 4 election results for Proposition Kids.
- The Board approved the election notice for the selection of school board members. Filing dates are December 16 through January 20. Two, three year terms will be available.
In Closed Session, the no action was taken.