The Board conducted the following business.
- A Tax Rate Hearing was held at 6:15 p.m.
- Bilal Rashid, Board President and Carol Childers, Executive Director of the Boys and Girls Club of Southeast Missouri made a presentation to the Board. The presentation included the mission and vision of the national organization and the three priority outcomes of the club which include academic success, healthy lifestyles and good character & leadership. They also informed the Board they were hoping to start the Club at Scott City with 30 participants; they would receive input from teachers and administrators and then meet with the parents of those students. The Board was told currently there are 14 Clubs in the state of Missouri, 4,200 Clubs total and 16 million alumni.
- Superintendent Lee informed the Board the renovations were coming along. He stated the flooring in the cafeteria would be completed during Christmas break, old breaker boxes had been replaced, new cafeteria tables would be here in approximately one month and bathrooms were completed. He reported current enrollment was 847.
- Elementary principal April Garner reported enrollment at 367 with 17 enrolled in the new pre-k program. She also informed the Board the elementary would become a PLC school, Professional Learning Community.
- Transportation Director Mike Umfleet presented to the Board a list of goals for the transportation department which included providing safe transportation for all students and staff and continuing to earn the 100% Fleet of Excellence award annually during bus inspection. He also informed the Board that a few of the buses needed to be replaced in the near future and the decision to lease purchase the buses or buy outright was a decision that would need to be made after further study.
- The Board moved to approve the 2016-17 bus routes as presented.
- The Directors voted to approve Resolution 0342, Conflict of Interest Ordinance.
- The Board approved the tax rate at $3.2770 for the operating fund and $.4900 for the debt service fund for a total of $3.7670.
- Superintendent Lee reviewed the conditions of the facilities and grounds with the Board. The Board was told the athletic fields outside were all in good shape and the gym floors were in good shape although there were some roof leaks in the middle school gym. He informed the Board the elementary hallways and entry would continue to be painted; ceiling tiles would be replaced as roof repairs were made along with new lighting.
- The Directors approved Policy 2655 on Bullying.
In closed session, the following action was taken:
- The Board approved Taylor Glueck as assistant cheerleading coach.