The Board conducted the following business:
- Approved the consent agenda, which included the approval of the election notice.
- Elementary principal April Garner informed the Board the Boys and Girls Club would begin on December 5th with kindergarten through 4th grade students. She also told the Board there would be a parent meeting for those involved on December 1st.
- Middle school Principal Mike Umfleet told the Board the two new busses had been delivered and were licensed and on the routes.
- High school principal Mike Johnson told the Board approximately 20 students had left for a FCCLA cluster meeting in Orlando, Florida.
- Superintendent Lee informed the Board attendance for the month of October was 96.0%; the Veteran’s Day assembly was a success; he was looking into having someone host the school’s policies on-line and that there was some incorrect coding on MOSIS which affected the school’s overall test scores. He told the Board these coding errors were being corrected.
- Dr. Keisha Panagos reviewed the 2016 Annual Performance Report (APR) with the Board. She informed the Board they were continuing to update the curriculum with the new learning standards focusing on math and reading.
- Approved a request by Dan Ryan of Lawless Harley Davidson for the use of the school parking lot, on weekends, from April to August, for a driving certification program. He informed the Board they would supply the insurance and cover the cost of painting the needed course. The request was approved as long as it does not conflict with any school scheduled activities.
- Changed the December board meeting date to December 14.
- Director Bowers referred to a copy of a report she had compiled after she had attended a recent MARE Conference. A copy of the report had been sent to all the Board members in their packets. She told the Board if anyone had any questions concerning her report, or the conference, to please let her know.
In closed session the Board:
- Granted a leave of absence request for second semester from Katie Hendricks.
- Approved the hiring of Nathan Faulkenberry as a part-time special services teacher and part-time teacher assistant.