The Board conducted the following business:
- Nancy Townsend, sponsor, Allyson and Mercedis presented a slide show presentation to the Board concerning their recent visit to Wappapello Lake for National Public Lands Day. The students explained to the Board the different things they did during the time they were there including releasing over 200 catfish to stock a pond.
- High school principal Mike Johnson informed the Board the Robotics team recently competed in Poplar Bluff and had teams finishing in 1st and 3rd place. He also informed the Board a group of juniors recently took the PSAT test and scored very well.
- Elementary principal April Garner informed the Board that the Boys and Girls Club would start on January 9th with a parent meeting being held on January 4th.
- Superintendent Lee informed the Board the preschool program had been approved for a program that would help parents pay their tuition, Ram Pride day will be held on Friday, December 16th with students going to the movies and bowling, MEHUP will be changing their provider to Cigna effective July 1st, 2017 and bids were being taken on the old cafeteria tables.
- Mark Ancell of Brightergy presented a proposal to the Board concerning replacing the lighting in the building with LED lighting. The savings over a ten-year period was estimated at $460,000. The proposal was presented as a six-year lease option of $40,268 per year. Mr. Ancell also presented a four-year lease option proposal of $26,800 per year for thermostat control. Brightergy introduced the thermostat program just in the past year and are still working out some problems. The Board approved the LED lighting project with the six-year lease option.
- The directors approved policy numbers 2115, 2315, 4750, 5710 and regulation Number 5710.
In closed session the Board:
- A review of the fall sports programs was done with athletic director Kerry Thompson.
- The Board voted to hire Krista Burger as food service manager, replacing Charlene Miller who is retiring at the end of the semester.