The Board conducted the following business:
- Elementary principal April Garner informed the Board the Boys and Girls Club had started and was going well. She said there were students from kindergarten to fourth grade participating. High school principal Mike Johnson gave the Board copies of other school’s student drug testing policies and a copy of his proposed policy for their review and approval at the next board meeting.
- Superintendent Lee informed the Board $470,015 had been received from the County along with $17,327.16 in Ameren protested taxes. He also told the Board he had been informed to be very conservative with the 2017-18 budget due to a short fall in state monies; attendance in December was 95.2%; and on April 14th, when school is not in session for spring break, the school would be used for first responder training with various emergency agencies.
- Approved the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan as presented by Vicki Helderman.
- Certified the election ballot with those filing for school board being Matt Underwood, Heraleen Bowers and Kenneth W. Ingvalson.
In closed session the Board:
- Hired Stephen O’Brien as assistant baseball coach for the 2016-17 school year.
- Granted a two-year extension to the contract of Brian Lee as Superintendent through the 2019-20 school year.