The Board conducted the following business:
- Superintendent Lee informed the Board attendance for the month of December was 95.83%, gave an update on the bus routes after the recent ice and snow, informed the Board of a salary committee meeting scheduled for January 24th at 3:10 p.m. and gave updates on legislative issues.
- Approved the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan as presented by Vicki Helderman.
- Certified the election ballot with those filing for school board being Scott Amick, Justin Braun, and Ronald Gray.
- Updated MUSIC Policies and Regulations were given to the Board for their review and
approval at the February board meeting.
- The Board was given a copy of the recent technology audit for their review and discussion at the February meeting.
In closed session the Board:
- Accepted the resignation of High School Principal Michael Johnson, effective at the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- Voted not to extend the contract of Superintendent Lee. His current contract runs through the 2019-20 school year.