The Board conducted the following business:
- Elementary Counselor Jamie Howard, and a group of students known as the Awesome Ambassadors, conducted a presentation for the Board. The presentation consisted of informing the Board about the selection process and some of the jobs they perform, such as helping teachers, helping with Telli, and doing peer tutoring.
- Superintendent Lee informed the Board attendance for the month of February was 90.37%. An update was also given concerning a recent incident where an individual was apprehended at the school by the Scott City Police. Lt. Culler and Officer Atlas of the Scott City Police Department talked to Board about the incident and the possibility of the school having a school resource officer on campus.
- Elementary Principal April Garner gave an update to the Board about the current Title programs and their funding. The Board was also informed the District would no longer receive Focus School funding since the elementary was no longer a Focus School.
- Superintendent Lee gave legislative updates to the Board concerning the budget for the 2018-19 school year. He also informed the Board that schools are still being told to be conservative when developing a budget for the upcoming year.
- Voted to stay with MEUHP as the district’s health insurance carrier for the 2018-19 school year.
In closed session the Board:
- Accepted the resignation of April Garner as elementary principal effective at the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- Hired Keisha Panagos as elementary principal for the 2018-19 school year.
- Accepted the resignation of Teri Hill as elementary secretary effective at the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- Voted to offer a contract to the following non-tenured teachers for the 2018-19 school year: Karen Breeding, Taylor Glueck, Brittany Grant, Angela Huckstep, Elizabeth Kluesner-Moser, Sarah McClard, Amber Rose, Sydney Scherer, Carmen Winders, Amy Barks, Brian Breeding, Shannon Buford, Kyle Clay, Nathan Faulkenberry (part-time), Dianne Lenaburg, Jenelle Lee, Elizabeth Perkins, Elizabeth Thomas, and Crystal Villanueva.
- Voted to offer a tenured teacher contract to Judy Hoffmeister.
- Extended the contract of Marsha Daniels as Special Services Director for the 2018-19 school.
- Extended the contract of Kerry Thompson as Assistant Principal and Athletic Director for the 2018-19 school year.