The Board conducted the following business:
- Paul Schock informed the Board the Ram hung on the side of the FEMA building was completed with the help of Monty Keesee and Matt Porch.
- Approved a proposal from Monty Keesee to construct an approximately 150 foot of a two-foot-high concrete wall with a one-foot-deep by two-foot wide box culvert to disburse water away from residential back yards. This would act as a dam and force the water to drain down the ditch line at a cost of $9,800.
- Approved the E-rate proposal pending approval of the new head of the IT department.
- Voted to approve the student handbook changes as presented.
- Amended Policy #3390 stating anything being sold for less than $1,000 can be sold without Board action. Anything being sold for over $1,000 can be advertised online or through electronic media.
In closed session the Board:
- Accepted the resignation of Matt Miller, Kerry Thompson, and Whitney Nicoson effective at the end of the 2017-18 school year.
- Approved the list of the support staff for the 2018-19 school year.
- Hired the following: Katie Ramirez as an Middle School Counselor; Laura Ort as a Physical Education teacher; Robert Vasquez as a Physical Education teacher; Richard Conaway as a Secondary Art teacher; Patricia Halloway as a contracted physiological examiner; Laura Sterling as an Elementary teacher; and Michael Cossey as head of the IT department for the 2018-19 School year.
- Approved numerous summer school assignments.
- Accepted several extra duty resignations for the upcoming school year.
- Approved a list of extra duty assignments for the 2018-19 school year.