Future Teachers of America
Future Teachers of America is an organization that gives students a first hand glimpse into the field of teaching. The club gives students the chance to explore all types of education: elementary, middle, high school and special education.
FTA also gives away a scholarship at the end of the year that is given to a senior who is interested in the field of teaching and has been an active member of FTA.
- Charity project: Members participate in a fundraiser and give 100% of the proceeds to the charity of the club’s choice.
- Shadowing: FTA members are required to participate in teacher shadowing. Shadowing is usually for an entire school day and the FTA member is required to dress accordingly and help the teacher out in any appropriate way.
- FTA Awareness week: This is usually held the week of St. Patrick’s Day and so has that theme. This is where FTA members try to recruit new members but also have fun together.
- Fundraising: FTA members are expected to contribute to the clubs fundraiser every year.
- District Meeting: FTA members attend the district meeting at SEMO in Cape Girardeau. There is a guest speaker on the field of teaching, followed by election of district officers. There is also a speaker about the changes in education as well. Each school is required to create a poster and a scrapbook of their school’s FTA activities.
- Play Day: FTA members volunteer at play day in the elementary every year in a variety of positions.
- Other: FTA also volunteers at various other functions throughout the building. FTA is open to helping in any function. Contact the sponsor for help/details.
Treasurer: Casie & Andrea
Executive Council: Candice & Courtney